How to enable Plugin Editor for WordPress
March 19, 2020
In newer WordPress, the plugin editor is enabled by default but sometimes this may be disabled.
How to enabled Plugin Editor
- User FTP to connect to your website host and go to the directory where you website is hosted.
- Open the wp-config.php file from the wordpress install of your website
- Search for “define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true);
- Change the true value to false — define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, false);
- Save the file and upload back again.
Security Risks Involved
Enabling plugin editor pose some risks as well. Obvious risk is someone that gained access to your site could edit a plugin or they could use this to add any code they want.
Did this article help you? If not, send us a ticket via helpdesk