Last updated: 2 weeks ago
In newer WordPress, the plugin editor is enabled by default but sometimes this may be disabled.
How to enabled Plugin Editor
- User FTP to connect to your website host and go to the directory where you website is hosted.
- Open the wp-config.php file from the wordpress install of your website
- Search for “define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true);
- Change the true value to false — define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, false);
- Save the file and upload back again.
Security Risks Involved
Enabling plugin editor pose some risks as well. Obvious risk is someone that gained access to your site could edit a plugin or they could use this to add any code they want.