How to Add Variations to Booking Blocks
March 18, 2022
Creating controlled access to your event is of vital importance to ensure that you don’t exceed resource capacity. The Bookings addon allows you to create bookable time blocks with limited capacity and this option can be extended by creating variations that guests can select from when purchasing a ticket for each block.
In order to get started, you will need to have EventON, Event Tickets Addon, Bookings addon, Ticket Variations and Options addon and Woocommerce installed and activated. You can get the EventON plugin by downloading it from your CodeCanyon account. You can follow our tutorial on how to install & activate EventON.
For additional help in installing the 3 addons, please take a look at our general guide about how to install EventON addons.
To get started, go to Events > Add Event and create a new event or edit an existing event.
Add a title for your event and optionally add a description and configure the rest of your event settings such as the Time and Date.
Toggle the option to enable event tickets.
Fill in your event ticket’s price and SKU which are required and the optional fields such as sale price and ticket detail. You can also enable the following additional options in this section:
- Enable name your price – Guests will be able to enter their own price and override the one set above
- Manage Ticket Stock – Enter the maximum available tickets that can be sold for this event
- Show remaining tickets (Only for Woocommerce simple tickets) – This option displays the number of tickets that are available for sale. You can also set a custom limit
- Show guest list for event on eventCard – Displays guest lists if any
- Place ticket on out of stock – This option prevents the sale of tickets and displays an out of stock label on the event card
- Sold Individually – This option limits the number of tickets that can be bought by each person to 1
Click on the Save draft button to save your draft event and reload the page by clicking on the ↻ icon on your browser. This step is necessary to load and expose more ticket settings.
Toggle the option to enable ticket variations and options.
Click on +NEW VARIATION TYPE button and add the variations that you’d like your event guests to select from when booking a block and finally click on ADD NEW to save. For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll set the variation type to Ticket type and set the variations to VVIP, VIP and Ordinary.
Toggle the option to Enable booking blocks for this ticket and click on the Save draft button at the top of the page. Next, reload the page by clicking on the ↻ icon on your browser. This will expose the booking block manager settings that we’ll use in the next step.
Click on the BOOKING BLOCK MANAGER button. This will open a popup window that you can use to create new booking blocks and also assign the variations that were created in the previous step. This window has the following buttons:
- Add new – You can use this option to manually add time blocks for your event one after the other. This will also make it possible to assign variations and price options.
- Generate blocks – You can use this to automatically create the blocks in bulk. You can learn more about using the autogenarator in this tutorial.
- Delete all blocks – You can use this button to delete all previously created time blocks for the current event and start afresh.
Click on the ADD NEW button and fill in the booking block information:
- Block start – When the time block slot will begin
- Block end – When the scheduled block time will end
Under Other block data, click on + NEW VARIATION and fill in the price and stock quantity information for the variations that we had created in the previous step.
Click on the blue ADD NEW button and repeat the step for all variations. When you are done, your newly added variation prices should look like so:
Finally, publish your event and view it on the front end.